Sunday, June 14, 2009

Kids Do the Darndest Things!




Let me know if you're with me on this one:

The other day my three year old son saw me adding egg shells to my flower pots, he asked me why and I answered that they help the flowers grow really pretty; say no more mom! Well ,yesterday, while trying to nap (notice I did not say while napping) I woke up to the sound of commotion and found out he had taken a whole brand new 12 egg carton, broke the eggs in the kitchen sink and counter and then had taken all the shells and placed them in the pots. This and other particular episodes in my history as a mom made me realize I need to make a written recollection to make sure I don't forget them (some others I blocked them out already).

Like the time when my daughter decided to serve herself cereal in a mixing bowl emptying a whole bag of cereal and half a gallon of milk into it... priceless.

Or how about when one of my sons decided it would be a good idea to play with the contents of his dirty diaper...sweet memory.

Or the time the same three year old went ahead and gave himself and his sister a haircut while I was running errands in the car.

My memory goes back to all of this moments of amazing "discoveries"( I mean when I actually discover what had happened) and I can't recall happy feelings at the moment but I know that they made me a mother, that woman that no matter what you do loves you unconditionally.


There were some lessons learned along these series of unfortunate events like: never leave a two year old alone with your make-up bag; or when things get pretty quiet in the next room ,there might be trouble brewing; among my favorite lessons are those of crime and punishment and sometimes forgiveness and compassion. They gave me an opportunity to reassess my weak points and prepare for future scenarios. But my number one by far is to never stop praying for angels that would watch over my children. I can't be in all places at all times but I trust God is bigger to send angels that would break their falls and would keep them out of trouble. I know there is an army of them standing by around here.

2 comments:

  1. This is so funny. And thanks for the tip on the egg shells - I had no idea. Keep those tips coming. Thank's also for the lemon oil tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! I don't know if there is really such thing is a mommy getting to take a nap. I'm pretty sure we just have to hope and then pretend to rest! Thanks for following my blog. I hope you come back soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Leave me a comment if you wish :)