Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Natural Remedies, thing of the past?


When I was a child we used to live with my grandmother ,and many years after we moved out I spent many school breaks with her; back in that time the emergency room seem to be a forbidden place reserved only for those occasions when you were bleeding to death or " there was something really wrong with you". The rest of the time my grandma would walked to the side of the house where she had plants of all sorts, if I had an ear ache she would reached for an oregano leaf then she will crush it to get the oil out, warm it up a little and then she would moisten a cotton ball with the warm oil and she would place it outside my ear or she would put a couple of drops inside, it never failed! The pain would be gone in minutes.
Toothaches, headaches, all kinds of aches and fevers were no match for my Grammy and her garden.
I wonder why we seem to run without fear to the ER at the first sign of illness. Don't get me wrong I'm very glad for all the state of the art equipment and the skilled staff that is ready for you in case of trauma, but I've found that in many cases , specially with children's ailments, there are options for healing when we go back to simple things as essential oils and herbs.

I'll be listing the "natural" tip of the day on this blog where I would like to share with you some of my trial and error (tried and true) remedies.

Warning: I'm not a doctor and if your condition is serious you should run to the ER.

2 comments:

  1. I love what you are doing with your blog. I'm so proud of you. Can't wait for the natural tip of the week. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving it! You just reminded when I discovered I had the extreme hormonal imbalance back in 2003. I was a complete mess! Doctors were only telling to take meds to cover the symptoms, but I wanted to treat the root of the problem. I went back to "those things of the past" and used herbs. No more hormonal issues. Thank the Lord! I've given all this a lot of thought, isn't God amazing? The Creator of life, biology, He created all of these healing and nutritious herbs, and also given wisdom to doctors to treat the more serious conditions.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Leave me a comment if you wish :)